Small Ball 2007

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

MY ALL-STAR EXPERIENCE

As you all know, San Francisco hosted the MLB All-Star game this year. I had no desire to take part in the spectacle, although I wouldn't have tossed a ticket or two if they'd fallen into my hand.

Instead, I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon (July 8) at beautiful Marchbank Park in Daly City, where the San Francisco National Adult Baseball Association (SFNABA) was holding its own decidedly more intimate All-Star game. The "Ocean" team beat the "Bay" team 7-5.

Because my father played semi-pro ball back in the 60s, I have a special attachment to non-MLB baseball. Here in the Bay area, we're lucky to have a fully formed league in SFNABA, with a variety of parks to choose from. The great thing about these games is that you can sit on the grass at the edge of the field with your dogs and a picnic basket and bask in the sun while good players play baseball mere feet away. It's even more intimate than Spring Training.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home