Small Ball 2007

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

YOU'RE SO GAY...I BET YOU THINK THIS POST IS ABOUT YOU, DON'T YOU, DON'T YOU

Just tuned into tonight's Giants@Padres game, which is in the top of the 1st. The TV broadcasters are Mark Grant, who used to play for San Diego, and Andy Masur, who did a great job for a lot of years for Cubbies radio in Chicago before moving to southern California this season.

After the odious underarm deoderant ad that precedes every launch of an MLB TV stream, Grant and Masur were the first image I saw.

Forgive me, but I laughed my ass off. Grant is holding a baseball -- just in case we doubt his baseball superpowers. "Look at me! I used to play baseball! Can't you tell? That's right, I'm holding a BASEBALL." Masur, with his strangely manicured eyebrows, looks like Grant's gay sidekick.

I don't mean "gay" in the sexual application of the word. I mean "gay" the way high-school kids mean it. As in, "You're gay," where "gay" = "retard."

TV enhances the superhero gayness of it all by binding these guys in matching jackets that look like discarded design concepts from an X-Men movie.

Grant and Masur are so cute and earnest, I expect them to don capes and fly in circles above the field during the 7th-inning stretch.

2 Comments:

  • that made me laugh out loud. thanks!

    By Blogger Erik, at 12:23 PM  

  • Thanks for writing this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home